At Novus Asia the role of Editor is far beyond a back room role of correcting grammar and spelling errors (although you will need to have top-notch skills in this regard). You will be expected to plan editorial calendars, project content and create pitch content, as well as lead specific editorial initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats. You will partner with account leads to provide editorial direction where needed and lead brainstorms and ideation internally and with clients. You will drive copy flow and timelines, and be comfortable working with a team of writers, subeditors, designers and photo editors, ensuring that all work is well written and on brief.
Although your skills may be based in traditional media you will also have a sound knowledge of new media and how best to use different mediums and the latest technology for maximum impact.
Our editors take the editorial lead and work as part of an energetic and collaborative content floor. With global clients in a host of different industries, from healthcare to finance and hotels, each day offers unique possibilities.
You might be brainstorming a creative concept, leading a team of junior writers to create 140 features for a new website in less than six weeks; working with designers to conceptualise and execute an infographic and video on a sensitive subject that is both engaging and meets regulatory approval; or working with department heads to create and deliver a multi-platform content campaign. You can be assured that no two days will ever be the same.
Skills and Experience:
- Have excellent editing, writing, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Possess a minimum of an associates (two year) degree in a journalism or mass communication discipline. A bachelor degree is preferred
- Have at least seven years of editorial experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Have two to three years of successful supervisory experience
- Possess exceptional computer skills — Word, Excel, Powerpoint and InDesign knowledge is a must
- Display a proven ability to think creatively and strategically, providing marketable solutions that meet client objectives
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to multi-task and show first-rate planning and organisational abilities
- Be passionate about producing outstanding work
- Be results-oriented, self-reliant, proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Have an understanding of how to develop and optimise content (including SEO)
- Have an excellent level of general knowledge, as well as an interest and proven experience in crafting copy for different audiences on a diverse array of subject matters, from health and parenting to travel, insurance and banking
If you are confident you can inspire and lead a team, think creatively and generate great ideas, we would love to hear from you.